Demolition of a Former Hotel and Leisure Complex, Bristol
August 18, 2016
Client: Audley Court Ltd.
Location: Redwood Lodge, Bristol
The client obtained a former hotel complex and site that required full demolition prior to the land being re-developed as a retirement village with car parking and new landscape scheme.
Before a planning application could be submitted for the proposal the client needed to carry out a detailed bat survey of the large complex.
On behalf of the client Wildwood Ecology:
- Guided the client’s agent to agree a rapid survey programme and methodology going forwards.
- Co-ordinated and undertook a series of dusk emergence and pre-dawn roost surveys requiring a large number of surveyors.
- Provided advice on the legal and planning policy issues and recommendations on how to address these.
- Obtained a full mitigation licence for bats that enabled the demolition to be lawfully undertaken.
- Acted as the ecological clerk of work during the demolition of the building.
- Provided post-construction support to assist in discharging monitoring conditions.
Planning permission and mitigation licence obtained, allowing full site clearance and demolition works to be completed and development of an ultra-modern retirement village.