21st Century Primary School, Vale of Glamorgan
October 3, 2016
Client: Vale of Glamorgan Council
Location: Vale of Glamorgan, Wales
The land occupied by a primary school was proposed to be split into two, to allow a new 21st Century primary school to be accommodated.
On behalf of the client Wildwood Ecology:
- Provided a preliminary ecological appraisal of the land and a preliminary roost assessment of the school buildings.
- Provided a breeding bird survey.
- Provided a preliminary roost assessment of on-site trees.
- Provided input into the site’s ecological BREEAM assessment.
- Provided advice on the legal and planning policy issues and recommendations on how to address these.
- Produced a comprehensive report setting out the methodology and results and method statement.
All works were completed with the new school (and associated wildlife area) opened in 2015.