Wildwood Ecology are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Ecologist to join the Cirencester office.
Wildwood Ecology Limited is a fully independent ecological consultancy with offices in the Cotswolds and South Wales. Our experienced team provides a full range of ecological surveys and a professional consultancy service across England and Wales. We deliver pragmatic and cost-effective ecological solutions for our public and private sector clients. We care about our staff and provide flexible working arrangements.
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage and undertake protected species survey work where a licensed surveyor is required;
- To manage, prepare, submit and implement European Protected Species Licence (EPSL) Method Statements (MS) for bats and other protected species, where appropriate
- To manage and undertake Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) duties on construction contracts
- To manage and coordinate the preparation, verification and submission of biological data to the local record centre
- To coordinate, supervise and undertake all other ecological services including preliminary ecological assessments and other protected species surveys and ecological impact assessments
- To provide training and support to other ecological staff members
- To liaise with clients, customers and key stakeholders – including attending and representing the company at meetings – on all relevant aspects of UK and EU environmental legislation and instill confidence when advising clients on wildlife issues during the development process
- To assist the principal ecologist/director with the general running of the Cirencester office, including the preparation and review of risk assessments, ecological proposals and invoices
- Provide high quality reports and assessments
- Have 3-5 year’s experience with a current or recent ecological consultancy practice
- Have competent field skills
- Have a technical or innovative approach to modern working practices
- Have a relevant first degree qualification
- Hold one or more protected species survey license(s)
- Hold or have some experience of preparing mitigation licenses
- Be a full member of CIEEM or similar professional body
You will also have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Be flexible and technically minded
- A full UK drivers license
- Access to your own car for business use
In return, Wildwood will offer:
- Attractive salary
- Benefits package
- Training and support for future career progression
Location: Cirencester (GL7 1JN)
Post: Permanent (Full Time)
Salary: up to £28,000 p.a.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to our Managing Director, Richard Dodd (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ‘GLECOL17’ as the subject title before Friday 31 March 2017.