Wildwood Ecology are looking to recruit a seasonal Assistant Ecologist to work out of our new Caerphilly office. Do you have what it takes to join our experienced and motivated team?
Salary – negotiable, depending on experience (ca. £17 – £19k p.a.)
- Hours – 37.5 per week
- To assist in the undertaking of ecological surveys, mitigation and monitoring between May and September 2017. To assist staff with the general running of the Caerphilly office.
- To undertake independently or assist protected species survey work where a licensed surveyor is required, particularly bats and great crested newt;
- To undertake independently or assist ecological services including preliminary ecological assessments and other protected species surveys and assessments;
- To assist the preparation of reports, including data acquisition and design of ecological plans;
- To assist in the preparation, verification and submission of biological data to the local record centres;
- All other reasonable duties that contribute to the support and growth of the business.
- A degree in a relevant discipline;
- Strong interest in natural history;
- Commitment to a career in ecological consultancy;
- Surveying experience including Phase 1 / Preliminary Ecological Appraisal and Protected Species Surveys
- Ability to produce concise, high quality, written reports.
- Previous experience in ecological consultancy or a closely related field;
- Strong botanical identification skills;
- Experience of undertaking protected species surveys;
- Understanding of Natural Resources Wales (or other statutory body) licensing procedures;
- Protected species licence(s);
- Awareness of planning and wildlife legislation.
- Be prepared to work throughout South and West Wales and England as required;
- Flexible on working hours, as there will be a significant amount of evening and night work;
- A full UK driving licence;
- Access to your own car, insured for business use.
To receive an application pack or for further information please contact Dr Alex Pollard (firstname.lastname@example.org).