They should have the following essential skills:
- Possession of at least two personal protected species licenses, one of which must be for bats; ability to prepare and submit detailed mitigation licenses for a range of protected species.
- A high level of experience in the preparation of and editing and reviewing a wide range of ecological reports.
- A high level of experience of project management including Ecological Clerk of Work duties, the supervision of mitigation measures, compliance, and monitoring.
- Demonstrable experience of motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
- Being able to manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Desirable skills include:
- Possession of additional protected species survey licences in both England and Wales.
- Tree climbing skills suitable to undertake aerial wildlife surveys.
They should have the following essential knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of biodiversity design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of technical plans, and drawings.
- Knowledge and an understanding of principles and processes for providing customer services.
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of relevant wildlife laws and planning policy within the UK.
- Knowledge and experience of workplace physical and mental health and safety legislation including the preparation of site and activity risk assessments and method statements.
Desirable knowledge include:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of B Corporations and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
They should have the following essential attributes:
- Eligibility to work permanently within the UK.
- Full membership of CIEEM and/or CIEMA.
- Full UK driving license with access to own car for business use.
- Relevant and recognised degree in an ecological discipline.
- A demonstrable high level of ability to communicate information and ideas both verbally and in the written format.
Desirable attributes include:
- Advanced Health and Safety related qualification (e.g., IOSH Managing Safely).
- Relevant and recognised postgraduate degree in an ecological discipline.
- An ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
How to apply
If you would like to work for an ecological consultancy that cares about people, planet and purpose then we have a role for you. Send our recruitment team an email for an application pack: [email protected]
Successful applicants will be invited to interview using a video conferencing platform in early March 2021. For any position offered the candidate must be able to commence work within our team by the end of April 2021. Unsuccessful applicants and candidates will be provided with appropriate feedback.