To assist the Practice Manager with the administrative, financial and human resource aspects of the practice and to provide a first point of contact for internal and external communications as necessary.
- Being a first point of contact for the practice with regards to post, email and telephone enquires; dealing with all enquiries in a friendly and professional manner ensuring messages are passed on and followed up, as necessary.
- Using a range of office software and in association with the Practice Manager developing and implementing new administration systems as required to support the efficient running of the practice.
- Day to day management and reconciliation of bank accounts, credit cards and employee expense accounts
- Day to day management of both sales and purchase ledgers including accurate data entry, payments, and credit control.
- Assisting the Practice Manager with maintenance of HR and payroll systems for the practice
- Liaising with clients, customers, and suppliers as necessary and appropriate for the role
- Supporting the Practice Manager with the facilities requirements of the offices as required
- Assisting with data protection issues as required
- Acting as PA to the Managing Director and Senior Team members as required
- Any other reasonable duties that may contribute to the support and growth of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage changing workloads and situations.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment in a similar role.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritise work, as necessary.
- Ability to work as a team or alone and to take responsibility for own actions.
- Professional and confident with good attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
- Experience and knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of the day-to-day management of sales and purchase ledgers, petty cash, and bank reconciliations.
- Project management skills
- Understanding/knowledge of H&S as it pertains to the office environment
- Understanding of GDPR
- Previous experience of facilities management
- Knowledge and experience of Xero accounting systems
- Knowledge and experience of using Moneysoft Payroll Manager
- Knowledge and experience of NEST pensions
- Knowledge and experience of using BreatheHR or similar HR management system
Salary: £19,000 to £24,000 per annum FTE (depending upon experience
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week (flexible)
Holidays: 25 days plus public holidays increasing to a maximum of 30 days plus public holidays with service (FTE).
An additional day’s holiday is awarded on your birthday, or nearest working day, each year.
Pension: NEST Workplace Pension Scheme (contributions in line with current legislation).
Training and Development: Linked to the business plan and personal CPD requirements including payment of applicable professional membership subscriptions.
Annual Bonus Scheme: Practice and performance related (not guaranteed).
Volunteer Scheme: One paid day per month allowed for volunteering with a national charity or not-for-profit community group.
Health Related: Sight tests and glasses if required for DSE (display screen equipment) work (in line with current legislation).
How to apply
In the first instance please email [email protected] to arrange an informal discussion about the role, or alternatively to request an information pack.
Closing date: 19th April 2021