Accountable for the strategic development and daily management of the routine administration, financial and human resource management of the company.
- Managing and developing a small range of commercial office software/applications and new administration and financial systems and processes as required to support the efficient running of the practice.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director and Senior Management team, producing annual budgets and forecasting against those budgets regularly to ensure the practice maintains profitability.
- Producing insightful financial reports including management accounts and statutory end of year financial reports as required for legislative reporting.
- Responsibility for producing and reporting quarterly VAT returns as required.
- Liaising with clients and suppliers as necessary and appropriate for the role.
- Managing the monthly payroll including all pension and HMRC reporting requirements.
- Managing the insurance and facilities requirements of the offices and liaising with landlords as required.
- Managing the development and implementation of HR processes and procedures as required to support the practice and its employees.
- Managing both sales and purchase ledgers including data entry, payments, and credit control.
- Taking overall responsibility for H&S in the offices.
- Taking responsibility for GDPR as it relates to the clients, suppliers, and employees of the practice.
- Proactively contributing to the strategic direction of the practice through involvement with the Senior Management Team, and any other reasonable duties that may contribute to the support and growth of the business.
- Relevant accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) or extensive and proven experience in a management accountancy role
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage the administrative requirements of a busy office/consultancy
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage changing workloads and situations with a can-do attitude and strong problem solving skills
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritise work as necessary
- Proven experience of working at a strategic level within an ethical business environment
- Ability to work as a team and to take responsibility for own actions
- Professional and confident with good attention to detail
- Previous experience of managing a small team
- Strong financial acumen with experience and knowledge of managing sales and purchase ledgers, petty cash, bank reconciliations, VAT and credit card management and reconciliation
- Experience of running and maintaining a payroll system including managing pension auto enrolment and HMRC reporting
- Project management skills
- Understanding/knowledge of H&S as it pertains to the office environment
- Previous experience of facilities management
- Knowledge and experience of Xero accounting systems
- Knowledge and experience of using Moneysoft Payroll Manager
- Knowledge and experience of NEST pensions
- Knowledge and experience of using BreatheHR or similar HR management system
- Proven experience of developing and implementing HR processes and procedures
Salary: £28,000 to £38,000 per annum FTE (depending upon experience
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week (flexible)
Holidays: 25 days plus public holidays increasing to a maximum of 30 days plus public holidays with service (FTE).
An additional day’s holiday is awarded on your birthday, or nearest working day, each year.
Pension: NEST Workplace Pension Scheme (contributions in line with current legislation).
Training and Development: Linked to the business plan and personal CPD requirements including payment of applicable professional membership subscriptions.
Annual Bonus Scheme: Practice and performance related (not guaranteed).
Volunteer Scheme: One paid day per month allowed for volunteering with a national charity or not-for-profit community group.
Health Related: Sight tests and glasses if required for DSE (display screen equipment) work (in line with current legislation).
How to apply
In the first instance please email [email protected] to arrange an informal discussion about the role, or alternatively to request an information pack.
Closing date: 19th April 2021