Assistant Ecologist – Seasonal (Cirencester)
Salary Range: up to £21K PA DOE
Do you want to work for an award winning environmental consultancy whose ethos encapsulates the promotion and encouragement of sustainable and ethical environmental concepts and solutions that benefit all? A company where your contribution is valued and where your ingenuity is actively encouraged and rewarded? A Certified B Corporation that is not afraid to stand up for what it believes to be right?
We are looking for an Assistant Ecologist to join our Cirencester team on a fixed term contract to cover our busy survey season between April and September. Could you be that person?
During the season you will gain valuable experience assisting our Ecologists with surveys, assessments and the preparation of reports including data acquisition and the design of ecological plans.
In order to apply:
- Ideally have a relevant degree and some survey experience including Phase 1/PEA and Protected Species surveys, however, knowledge of the skills required for ecological consultancy and an aptitude towards learning new skills will serve you well too.
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to prepare quality written reports, after training and with support.
- Have access to a car insured for business use and the ability to work flexibly to cover the requirements of the role which includes dawn and dusk survey work.
- Be eligible to work within the UK.
- Be a passionate advocate of the environment who wants to make their voice heard but equally values other people’s honesty, opinions, biases and perspectives that may differ from their own.
In return we offer a competitive salary, training opportunities, relevant membership fees paid, a generous holiday allowance, flexible working opportunities and the chance to make a difference to the ecological future of our planet.
We also aim to make work fun.
We spend a lot of our time in the work environment as there’s a lot of great stuff we need to do, so we want you to help us build a friendly, inclusive and supportive environment where people can shine and truly be themselves.
Closing date for applications is 31 March 2020, although we reserve the right to close applications earlier if required.
Please note that we do not work with recruitment agencies so please don’t contact us as the answer will be no.